Posted 934 days ago
Well it is officially Halloween so might as well play with the theme. After a not-really-sort of pseudo debauchery night of every woman’s inner seductress coming out, I wanted to bring it back down to reality this morning. My morning reality was staying in bed, reading a few chapters of my book, cleaning dishes, and ironing some clothes.
When I walk out the door in a bit, it’s going to be a new day of new beginnings and new changes. I might as well look the part this All Hallows Eve.
Jean jacket purchased at Tinseltown
Lace tank from Urban Outfitters
Pearl necklace from Urban Outfitter
Crop pants from Joe Fresh
Shoes from Clark’s
Posted 981 days ago
Since I moved into my new digs, I’ve been thinking of affordable ways to decorate my place and be DIY about it. This whole moving and decorating process has made me realize what a complete control freak I am haha.
One fun unique way to decorate is to spruce up your shelves and table tops with ‘origaming’ your old books (folding the pages)
I first learned this on Urban Rush awhile back and then saw it again at EQ3 recently.
Here’s instructions on how to achieve the above book’s effect:
1) Find a small notebook size hard-cover, preferably one that has less than 300 pages (you’ll know why in a bit)
2) Start the page folding around “1-2 chapters” in but feel free to start anywhere
3) Fold one corner of a page in until you can feel the edge align with the binding..close to a 45 degree fold. This serves as a easy guide for the rest of the folding
4) Fold up the other corner the same way and you’ll get a triangle shape
5) Keep on folding the same way until about ’1-2 chapters left’ to even it out. Don’t worry about fully creasing each page. When done, just stand / sit on the book to crease all the pages at once.
And that’s it! Have fun and experiment away! Here’s another one I did over the weekend.
Depends on difficulty of fold and thickness of book, it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to do one book (and that’s why you want to get a short novel lol). It goes by fast if you do it while watching tv :)
Posted 1045 days ago
Yeah I know…it’s been months since I’ve put up a style post. I haven’t been feeling that ‘inspired’ in showing my ensembles but it’s a new season which means a new start.
Very glad shorts are back. So easy to dress them up while trying to cool down from this heat. The paleness of legs is more blinding than the sun and in dire need of some bronzing.
I’m not really a girlie girl but been having fun with flirty florals
And when those rare rays come out, so is my ‘ready to wear’ summer frocks.
Yellow floral shirt – Gap
Blue shorts – Gap
White Belt – Mexx
White & blue pumps – vintage Salvatore Ferragamo shoes
Purse from Hong Kong
Pearl necklace (from store on Main Street…forgot which one)