Posts in category "Low Thyroid Diet"

Low Thyroid Diet – results

I’ve managed to stay 85% committed to my diet and continuing so.  Even though I’ve given myself some liberties here and there..aka cheating, I still experienced some positive effects.

Noticeable results after 1 month on the diet:
1) Lost over 5lbs
2) Have a bit more energy
3) Manage to just drink coffee twice a week
4) Feel less bloated

Next stage of my program:
1) Continue my diet
2) Take selenium, vitamin B6, and spagyric ethno botanical concentrate (which tastes like something died in your mouth)

LTD: Days 5 – 10

Didn’t want to bore you all with my mundane diet routine so condensed it to few days per blog.  So far I’ve been good 90% of the time..the other 10% not so much ;-)

March 11
Breakfast
Decafe Coffee with banana

Lunch
Chicken Salad

Snack
Mixed fruits and nuts

Dinner
Halibut with vegetables and wild rice

Snack
Dried apricots and almonds

March 12
Breakfast
Decaf Coffee (cheated w/ quarter of a muffin)

Lunch
Tomato Basil Soup

Snack
Terra Chips

Dinner
*Special Dinner*:
Appys: rye crackers with goat cheese , smoked salmon, olives
Meal: Halibut poached in light sauce with tomatos, potatoes
Dessert: rice pudding made with almond milk

March 13
Breakfast:
Coffee (cheated) with egg sandwich with rice bread
Apricot and almonds

Lunch/Snack
Rye crackers with hummus

Dinner:
Total write-off: had dinner at Cafe Barcelona
March 14
Breakfast
Egg sandwich with rice bread and coffee

Lunch
Vegetable pho

Dinner
Homemade vegetable sauce with brown rice pasta

Snack
Almonds

March 16
Breakfast
Decaf Coffee

Lunch:
Chicken and vegetables enchilada, beans, mexican rice (The Famous Warehouse)

Dinner:
Leftover Pasta

March 17
Breakfast
Decaf Coffee with flax oatmeal

Lunch
Veggie Wrap

Snacks
1/2 a scone (cheated)
Wasabi Peas

Dinner
Asparagus, long beans, and chicken

Snacks
Terra chips, rice puffs chips, banana

The LTD – Day 4

March 10

Breakfast
Decaf Coffee
Banana

Lunch
Milestone’s California Spring salad with grilled chicken

Snack
Terra chips and mixed nuts & fruits

Dinner
Grilled halibut filet with quinoa (again)

Snack
Rice bread with almond/hazelnut butter
Dried apricut and almonds